We are excited to let you know that JLT Employee Benefits (JLT), one of the UK’s leading employee benefit providers, has acquired Moola, subject to regulatory approval.
The acquisition of Moola is aligned to JLT’s strategy of helping UK businesses deliver better performance through the improved financial, emotional and physical wellness of its people. Moola complements this strategy by enhancing the financial wellbeing of its customers. Moola will become a core offering on Benpal, JLT’s rewards and benefits platform, as well as continuing to be accessible through the www.moo.la website and other channels.
Following this acquisition, JLT will welcome the complete Moola team.
Details and quotes from the press release follow for your reference:
- PwC acted as exclusive corporate finance advisors to Moola, alongside Clintons and Cameron Cunningham for legal and accountancy advice respectively.
- Bala Viswanathan, CEO, JLT Employee Benefits said: ‘Employee wellness is going to form an integral part of our UK Employee Benefit’s proposition, and Moola will enhance our financial wellbeing offering. Given this shared ethos we believe JLT provides the right home for Moola.
- Employees of Benpal’s corporate customers stand to benefit enormously from the simplicity of Moola’s money management solution. We are confident that Moola will be a welcome addition to our Benpal proposition by offering a more flexible investment option.'
- Gemma Godfrey, Founder and CEO, Moola said: ‘At Moola we are focused on championing the consumer by providing the knowledge, tools and service to help more people save and invest more easily. We are delighted to be joining JLT and welcome the opportunity to work together to engage a broader customer base. With an increasing volume of people looking to their employer for financial wellbeing solutions, and JLT’s expertise and like-minded approach in this area, Moola’s existing clients will also benefit greatly from the scale and breadth of JLT’
- Christophe Reech, Chairman of Odysseus Investments and Board Director of Moola said: 'This acquisition is the perfect reflection of our strategic involvement in our portfolio companies. At Odysseus we believe in investing in innovative and leading companies, which naturally find their growth and evolution within larger corporations and institutions. We are proud to have contributed to this successful venture, and trust that within JLT, Moola will continue its journey to new levels.'
- About Jardine Lloyd Thompson
Jardine Lloyd Thompson is one of the world’s leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services, and is a constituent of the FTSE 250. JLT’s client proposition is built upon its deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence.
JLT is quoted on the London Stock Exchange and owns offices in more than 40 territories with over 10,000 employees.
Supported by the JLT International Network, it offers risk management and employee benefit solutions in 135 countries. For further information about JLT, please visit www.jlt.com.
- More about Moola
Moola is an innovative, affordable and consumer-friendly investment service. It offers customers the opportunity to invest in Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs), Generalised Investment Accounts (GIA), as well as ethical and tax efficient portfolios. Moola provides free educational content to empower individuals with the knowledge to make smarter decisions with their money and enable them to cut through financial jargon. More: www.moo.la